Thursday, March 1, 2012

C&R: Judd Apatow + Girls

I'm a huge fan of Apatow films with Forgetting Sarah Marshall at the top of my list. I've been hooked on Jason Segal for showcasing his man-package to international audiences and the brilliance of mixing puppetry targeted to mainstream viewers.

Now, Lena Dunham will have the chance to speak for our generation via HBO in Girls, well, a segment of this population.

Here's to more post-college milieu series, with characters that are typically heterosexual, white, middle class, and in their twenties. Maybe we'll be able to sneak in a multi-cultural best friend into the mix of this series?

Keep watching out for me readers! I'll be among the ladies of this generation to keep pushing the artistic envelope and demanding access for diverse representations of women on major networks. Remember starlett, Christiamilda wrote it here first!

No comments:

Post a Comment