Monday, April 23, 2012

C&R: A CELEBRATION OF LIFE

The idea for The Ritual of Being Ms. Somebody came out of a conversation with Rajeeyah - in a rehearsal studio in New York City. The two of us were in the room and realized that underneath the surface, we were the same - human beings who like to play, laugh, cry and most importantly, BE EXPRESSIVE

I've learned that the resiliency of the human spirit is what drives me. I'm blessed to have a comfortable life and continually impressed by our strength and ability to celebrate, despite the loss that's inherent. 

Over the past month, I've reconnected with childhood friends (some I haven't seen in 15 years!), as well as new additions. I am so grateful...they are like angels/messengers/teachers because through their stories of hardship and obstables, I am healed...greeted by people who still smile and know how to let loose and PART-AY! 

Thank you to The Movement Theatre Company for believing in our idea! Thank you in advance to all of you, readers, who will be joining us this Friday & Saturday for our workshop production. 

We are ready to stand in the room and share a piece of our hearts, openly and honestly.

We ask you in joining us to do the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment